In the Casey study in Oregon and Washington state, foster children are 7 to 8 times more likely to have suffered abuse than children in the general population.
Foster children were found to have double the incidence of depression,
- 25% suffer PTSD
- 35% suffer Eating Disorders
- 50% suffer Chronic Medical Problems
- 50% of foster girls are pregnant by age 19
- 50% of males are incarcerated by the age of 20
- 80% of Death Row Inmates spent time in foster care.
All the statistics show that society is failing these kids.
Grace Village has a program that makes a difference.